“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”- Mark Twain

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Magical Montréal

Life can be fickle and can be crazy, and now I find myself in this beautiful town brilliantly sparkling with snow and culture.

I guess this is what happens when you fall in love with a French-Canadian in Asia...

The plan was- well I guess it does not matter what it was, but what it has become. A few months back I was in a beautiful little apartment on the beach in the Philippines. Which...was lovely, and would have been even better if I wasn't missing someone over 7 thousand miles away. Love took me from Asia, to Chicago, then to NYC, then to Montreal.

This city looks like the backdrop to dreams:




Snow covered hills and art museums, churches and graffiti, snowmen and sushi places, layers of brick on brick and magical stained glass, timeless churches and Volkswagens...

The community is French, so once again I have put myself in a position where I MUST learn. To which we should never cease. :)





As the snow is melting I find my Floridian self smiling at the 40 degree weather and more excited than ever for the wonderland that is a Montreal summer. Guess I can get used to the turmoil of twinkling cafe's, BYOB Thai restaurants, maple syrup everything and using hockey sticks as brooms.


I would never have thought that life would take me here. But then again, we never know whats ahead. We must follow the music of life, the notes of love, and the magic of living.

xo Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment