“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”- Mark Twain

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

"Knock on wood"




My new magical mermaid of a friend told me the story the other day over some cheap Chilean wine of 'knocking on wood.'

It is the magic of the elves (who live in the trees) to grant your wish.  And as you are saying something you wish NOT to become true, you are supposed to knock on the tree as to muffle the wish you are speaking and therefore steer clear of the elves granting what you had just said. 

I always knock on wood, believe in magic, watch for shooting stars, make wishes, and believe in true love.  I thank the stars for my experiences, am grateful for unbelievable people in my life, look at the beauty in all things, and remember to give more than I receive. 

Just thought I'd share the true meaning, which makes a heck of a lot of sense.:)

Note: its not knocking before or after, but during. 
Note #2: "If you don't believe in magic or mystery you might as well be dead."- Albert Einstein

No comments:

Post a Comment