“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”- Mark Twain

Sunday, September 30, 2012

el día cinco; day five of 7 days of sunsets


Sometimes, take that back most of the time here I get this sense of being locked into some kind of time loop- living the movie of 'Groundhog Day' yet the setting is dripping with the unbelievable colors of sunsets and the scene is warm and relaxed.  It isn't disappointing, it isn't freezing, the colors don't remind you of Puxsutawney, Pennsylvania, and I don't watch game shows over and over (though I would never pass up some cervezas with Bill Murray-ever), but for me I'll take this kind of groundhog day. 
 I took some pictures from the South end of la playa for this day. San Juan del Sur began as a small fishing village (many would say that it still is) so there is the port on the south end...not this day in particular but many days guys gather and play their own adapted form of baseball in the sand.  
I like this end of the beach.  My favorite tree is down here, the white flowers have perfect bright yellow start in the center and its the only tree like it in town..Boston loves it here too, he runs himself into exhaustion, all adorning what I swear is a dog smile...
"Do you ever have déjà vu, Mrs. Lancaster? I don’t think so, but I could check with the kitchen." Groundhog Day, 1993







No comments:

Post a Comment