“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”- Mark Twain

Monday, April 3, 2017

Dreaming of a cabin in the mountains



Monday, April 3, 2017


Change doesn't happen always by chance, sometimes change happens by change.


Last night I cried from the beauty of the moon and stars, and today I awoke to rain sliding down the windows. I awoke to dog kisses and a hundred comfy pillows. I awoke to dancing tree leaves and a beautiful creek's song.


There is something about being in a place built from wood and stone, surrounded by wood and stone, that is truly magic.  Even a rainy Monday morning can look beautiful in the Great Smokey Mountains.


Sitting in a rocking chair, with coffee in a tin mug, and Atlas curled at my feet-I feel uncertain evermore that this truly is just a dream.


Well here's to magical cabin dreaming and the month of April. Cheers to day one.

No comments:

Post a Comment