“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”- Mark Twain

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

when your dreams spill out onto your morning..xo

dreaming still, Day 3

 day 3

Atlas wakes me up early.  8 am early.  But who can be mad at an immensely happy dog- definitely not me. The mountains have a chill in the air as we hike this morning, and the weather forecast says thunderstorms around noon-so that scratches our 4 hour hike to the top of Pinnacle Peak. "Life happens when you make plans," John Lennon

Yesterday was happy. And full of things. To end where I left off yesterday- we went on an afternoon hike next to the river a bit outside of town. Met some local ladies who quickly pulled out their phones to show me pictures of their sons and told me of the Saturday morning farmers market and upcoming Green Up the Mountain festival. An older man rode his bicycle past us and let us know of the goose "up yonder" who is sitting on a log in the river had babies. This is news I want to hear, simple, mountain springtime news...
Came home to snuggles on the couch and a much needed hot bath. To close out our night we went to eat at a local place called Guadalupe Cafe. Sat on the porch facing Main Street with fried okra, local grilled kale, and a beer. Q and A'ed the waitress on the town and met a new friend. Walked a bit down to one of the local breweries called Innovations. Sylva does have several colleges, so most of the crowd on the picnic tables outside were such. Tried one of their beers called 'Whimsy,' got a food truck veggie burger to-go, met some people who gave me the best advice on magical day hikes and secret lakes to which I noted in my phone:

Brevard
Cedar Cliff
Bear Lake
DuPont
Culawee Falls
Whitewater Falls

Came home and passed out on Atlas.
***


I am recapping my night on my laptop journal next to a fire and a mug of coffee. Atlas is curled in a ball next to me snoring softly and the firewood is crackling. I literally dreamed of this.

Cheers to day 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment