“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”- Mark Twain

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Not so much a life on the fast track..

I found this journal entry from I believe the 2nd week of living in El Tunco. 
*Excerpt from journal


-At 28 I thought I would be on the fast track...job...getting married...owning a home...instead I am living in a bungalow in a small beach town in El Salvador which barely is visible on google maps, getting totally excited about a hand made bookcase from my cuidador and using cinder blocks and scrap wood as my nightstand, having fresh ginger in my camomile tea each morning, snacking on cantaloupe and watermelon smoothies daily, getting lost in a book for hours on end, still taking Boston to sunsets, eating dinner outside under a sea of glittery stars, falling asleep to the sounds of owls, and then waking up to roosters...life is crazy, sometimes unexpected, and someone once said, "Life happens when you're busy making plans. (John Lennon)







No comments:

Post a Comment