“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”- Mark Twain

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Softball Saturday in SJDS

8/12/2012                           


*excerpt from my journal


Today has been one of the craziest days of my entire life (I have said this many times).  I am currently sitting against someones farm house trying to make sure Boston doesn't chase the chicken or pig- again.  There is a black fluffy chicken pecking away at Boston's toy...mountains and hills paint the backdrop...

-Several guys just took an old orange cone (the kind you use in P.E. in elementary school) and used that to draw out the lines to the ball field next to the farm house.  Our team (DSS) has fancy new uniforms, the juxtaposition between that and our setting is amusing.

-It took us an hour to get out here (at least it felt like that) through back roads and fields of grain.  Boston had his head out the window of the cab watching all the passing cows and horses.  Several times we had to wait for cattle to cross...


-My friend Ana just arrived with a cooler of beer...pigs are walking out on the field in the middle of play, oh there goes a herd of cattle...

today's umpire









-I am sitting with a dusty surf leash attached to Boston and to my ankle writing as this hysterical display takes place in front of me, people have come out from the surrounding fields and neighborhoods to watch, I couldn't be happier.






No comments:

Post a Comment