“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”- Mark Twain

Monday, December 21, 2015

My Christmas Holiday

It's the week before Christmas.

When I recently spoke with a family member they said that they were sad because all of the family was not together for the holiday (meaning me of course).

Never do I wish sadness upon anyone, hence my life is dedicated to helping those who can not speak for themselves, helping the welfare, lives, and future of animals. So to those people who are sad, I send waves of positive energy and understanding.  I want to live for something bigger than myself.  To help until I can no longer...to give WAAAYYY more than I ever receive. This is the reason for the season, for life.

I understand that the holidays bring people together who may not have the opportunity throughout the year to. I understand that families have long standing traditions and that this is a time to create new memories and come together. But I also understand that the holidays are about love.  Love should be universal. Not just limited to togetherness with your relatives.  We should be glowing examples of love in everything we do, not just towards our human friends, but towards all living things.

As I am here, in Vietnam, where the dog meat trade is shockingly still legal, I am ever more reminded that we have to be the voice for the voiceless.  No being is less than another, we all deserve kindness, love, respect, and joy.

Vietnam Animal Welfare
http://www.vnanimalwelfare.org/
This is what life is about. Joy.  Not turmoil, wrath, danger, confusion, and death.  But living, feeling free, feeling love and living in a world where kindness is prominent, not greed.

Please this holiday season, give love, give kindness, please be vegan for the animals, for our environment, for your family, for your children, for this earth.

We are all earthlings, and "COMPASSION IS A VERB," Thích Nhất Hạnh

"Compassion is at the heart of every little thing we do. It is the dearest quality we possess, yet all too often it can be cast aside with consequences too tragic to speak of. To lose our compassion- we lose what it is to be human." Thích Nhất Hạnh

CLICK HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment