“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”- Mark Twain

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Courage to keep on trekking

"But I will hold on hope, and I won't let you choke on the noose around your neck, and I'll find strength in pain and i will change my ways, I'll know my name as its called again"
"so make your sirens cold and sing all you want.....cause I need freedom now and I need to know how to live my life as its meant to be."

There's something about the song "The Cave" by Mumford and Sons, something about this fills me with this emotion that I am not at all used to, it makes me want to subconsciously stand up and occupy a huge smile, it makes me feel like my skin is slightly grinning.  I think it's an amazing swirl of courage and excitement, and that feeling of having the whole world open and in front of you; maybe it's feeling courageous in the little things and being happy in it all.


Something that I continuously tell myself is  "Keep on trekking."  Travel may be the reason behind the current lingo, but the objective the same.  Life happens, we either stew and become miserable in ourselves, or keep on walking and discover our destiny, or more accurately- your next chapter in your story.

"To see that your life is a story while you're in the middle of living it may help to living it well....and so I live the story and it lives in me.  That's as good a way as I know to outwit death.  Stories are what death thinks he puts an end to.  He can't understand that they end in him, but they don't end with him." Ursula K. Le Guin, Gifts

PS: I think that life is a bit funny now-a-days, I find myself writing on my daily to do list things like, "keep thinking positively," and "smile a lot" -but its ok, sometimes the reminders of the simple things bring us back to being whats important, 'being happy in it all.'

PSS: Smile a lot

No comments:

Post a Comment