“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”- Mark Twain

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Tang, bologna, magic



me:We drink tang here
mom: tang like the drink
me: yea to put it into perspective, Central America is like 10-15 years behind America.  The newest commercials are of remote control big wheels and people eat lots of bologna
mom: thats too funny
mom: then you can predict the future for everyone

Its so true though.

When I was a kid I remember my mother telling me about California (where I still have yet to go).  The analogy she used was kind of similar.  She said that California was years ahead of Florida.  (She remembers going there and seeing the Troll dolls with the crazy hair and then came back Florida and it was years until she saw them for sale)  So I grew up believing that California was way above the times, lol.  Whatever it may be, for the most part, it's my opinion that Central America is behind by years, in comparison to the States.  But it's nice, seeing these things bring back memories.  Memories of good times. Things that you may not have even noticed growing up (but are beyond cool now.)  Tang everywhere, colored spokes on kid's bicycles, everyone eats bologna, and I saw several commercials with a bunny zipping around with batteries-similar to the Duracell battery ones- on the television earlier today.

It may be called nostalgia, but I believe there's a hint of magic sprinkled in.

No comments:

Post a Comment