“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”- Mark Twain

Sunday, October 7, 2012

 

Sometimes I get lost in the sun, my mind drifts, time passes just as it always does- but for me, it almost pauses.



I like to read a lot, famous quotes, biographies of interesting people, tons of fiction (this may be the culprit of that is causing my daydreaming), and one thing that those I admire, those I love learning stories about, those I wish I was more like have in common- is that no matter where you are or what you might be doing- its not only healthy but necessary to just- stop and smell the flowers.  Take a breather from life, get lost in trying to figure out what shapes the clouds are forming in the puppet show in the sky....close your eyes without squinting, take many deep belly breaths, and just- enjoy being alive, being, you, and being happy.




"Don't hurry. Don't worry.
You're only here for a short visit. 
So don't forget to stop and smell the roses."
Walter Hagen

No comments:

Post a Comment